The first day of the year is almost done. It has been a good day. Tomorrow it is back to work, for one day, before the weekend kicks in.
Observations so far:
* I need to work on something that lets me write longer articles, stuff that I can feel is a Product, and not just me posting something here for my future self.
* The rmnd.org website is loading very slow now; I blame the Dreamhost servers in the US being slaggy. Well, I pay quite low monthly fee for it, so I guess you get what you pay for. I am considering upgrading to an AWS-run blog instead, but then again, I am not sure if that is worth it. I will have to dig into this a bit more. I guess it also is a question of how I want my tools to work with/for me here.
* In some way, I treat this blog as a twitter account. Short, quick updates. This is not going to be a few posts per week, lengthy, long-form, medium.com-like. Altho I may use medium.com later on as part of my distribution platform for the longer stuff here.
* I need to look at my online tools again. Tools for: Finding news, engaging with news, or content, on a light level (a ‘favourite’ on Twitter is a good example), or more closely.
* I want to get my old blogging content from dltq.org etc up and running again. I guess that means I need to look into those old wordpress databases.